Friday, March 12, 2010

Crafty Day @ Jodies!

Today I met a new crafty friend. Jodie is a good friend of my friend Barb. It was Jodie's birthday today so to celebrate we went out to Jodies brand spanking new house at Inman Valley. Such a gorgeous house full of fancy gadgets.

I took along my latest order from ScrapTherapy full of new My Minds Eye Quite Contrary Little Boy Blue and Jack & Jill papers and embellies to play with.
Here's a pic of the stuff I received.

MME Quite Contrary

MME Quite Contrary
This pics a little blurry sorry.

Here are the layouts I made. Well I nearly made. I completed the first one, but had forgotten some bits for the second one so finished it off when I got home.

First LO is for ScrapTherapy's Monthly Colour Challenge. The colours for this month were Kraft, Chocolate, Olive and Rain. I struggled a little with adding rain in. It's not too bad, but think I could have done better. Love this pic though.

A brothers Love

Photobucket

The second LO is for the Sketch Challenge at Scrapbook Savvy this month. I handmade the stitched heart for this one.

How Sweet it is....
Photobucket
Photobucket

I also made this birthday card for Jodie. I'll enter it in the Surprise Challenge over at ScrapTherapy. We had to use up the scraps that were on our desk to make a card. Well being a tidy scrapper my desk was clear. So I got out my leftovers from my Nanna's Garden LO.

ST Surprise card challenge

We had a lovely day. Jodies daughter Summer enjoyed playing with all the stamps and punches. While Ethan had a ball with Jodies son Caydens trucks and cars. Eli just chilled as usual. We enjoyed a lunch of vegie quiche and choccy brownies, mmmmmm.

Jodies birthday scrap


Barb and Sue
My good friends Barb and Sue.

We are going to try and make this day a regular thing. Can't wait to see what we do next time!

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Holy Shit! I look like a chipmunk! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. really gorgeous layouts bec, your so clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work! welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PMSL at the chipmunk comment. Dont panic - chipmunks are super cute.

    Great layouts Bec and Great Blog - well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, yummy kits - I want them, and yes, your style has really developed since you started. Looking good!
    (oh, and BTW, I think your post on Annas Craft cupboard is supposed to be in the monthly sketch competition but somehow it got in my album? (ooops). If you want a chance at winning, you might wanna fix that (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous papers Nerrida. Want sooo much more too.
    Ooops thnaks for letting me know, have moved it now so all should be good.
    TFL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beccis, I love your blog it's beautiful and so great that now I can see what you are making! WooHoo!!
    Jilly
    oxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your layouts! Great work! And your handmade heart is just too cute. Loving your work Becci :o)

    ReplyDelete