Friday, March 26, 2010

March Challenge @ Kraft It Up!

I am just loving using Kraft cardstock. It's soooo versatile.

While blog hopping the other week I came across the Kraft It Up! blog. Each month they have a very simple challenge where the criteria is to use Kraft on a LO and one other thing. This month it is to use a mixed alpha title. Very simple.

Well last night I finished mine. I had this started before last weekend and then got engrossed in the ScrapTherapy CyberCrop so finally got it finished tonight.

I have been wanting to scrap these pics of Ethan eating his first ever lollypop after visiting Father Christmas at the local shopping centre. I have also been dying to paint a background. So why not combine the two.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have used Kraft as my background paper. Painted it with yellow paint first and then black. Mounted the middle photo on black bazzil and raised it up on pop dots.
I have used some chippie Thickers and painted them the same yellow as the background and teamed them with some black foam thickers. I finished off with some KaiserCraft rubon brackets and handwritten journalling.

TFL!

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Love black and yellow together - fab layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! I love it what a beautiful thing to make for your child. To preserve the past for them to enjoy in the future is such a precious thing to do! You are a fab mama Beccis. I love it and no doubt they will as well!
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Becci, that is a STUNNER !!!!!!!!!!! Just love how you have used the black and yellow paint as a back ground, and it really makes your photos POP...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are so effective and eye grabbing. Very inspirational Becci :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much for your comments Cassie. They mean so much comming from you. I'm just loving your cards atm. Even considering getting some Magnolia and they wouldn't normally be my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becci!

    Love that lollipop page, your blog is fab!

    I am sending you an invite to come join me on ARTastic challenge blog, and From Screen 2 Scrap. It would be great if you could join as a follower and get all the latest updates.


    ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from the great artist with a little bit of added criteria

    From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from movie posters with a little added criteria.

    In May ARTastic will be celebrating its 1st Birthday we have over $300 worth of prizes to give away, so I would love you to join in and have a chance of winning 

    Special Offer – If you join either or both sites and enter a layout for the challenge in April and/or May, you will receive an extra bonus point to go towards your voting tally at the end of the month.

    Hope to see you soon!

    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shazz I actually stumbled across ARTastic yestrday and I think I have clicked to follow, will go check. Looking forward to the new challenges.
    Thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Becci, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becci, if you don't want to purchase Magnolia stamps but want to try them I can post you some stamped images if you like. Let me know :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cassie that would be brilliant and very generous! Will try to message you my address. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute!
    Those pics are just so gorgeous, what a little darling

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cassie I haven't been able to figure out how to send you a message with my addy. So would you mind emailing me a beccisund@yahoo.com.au and i can get it to you that way. Thanks

    ReplyDelete