Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some LO's to share

Once again this month I have been busy taking part in various challenges.
May 10th-23rd is the Cyber Crop over at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia. This months theme is Lights, Camera, Action. All four challenges used movie posters for inspiration and all had their own criteria. So far I have completed three of the four challenges.

Challenge #1 was bought to us by our guest DT Judith. Her challenge was based on the movie poster of Avatar. Your LO had to be at least 50% blue, must use headshot/s only and have dots/spots.
This is my take.

Photobucket

Forgot about the inspiration in this one but sure I could draw something if I had watched the movie lol.
I used Kaisers new Jungle Bug as the base atop a piece of blue bazzil. Jungle Bugs journalling spot. Kaiser rubons and bling. American Crafts Thickers.


Challenge #3 is based on the Up! movie poster. Criteria were to use lots of white space, bright colours and a one word title.

Photobucket

My inspiration was kids fun.
I used the Kaiser Jungle Bugs paper and journalling spot. DCWV rubon lettering. Such a cute range.


Challenge #4 was based on the Twilight movie poster. We had to use black, white and one other colour, a die cut base and strip journalling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My inspiration was the love story.
I used a lace base atop a piece of black bling bazzil and then cut around it to make it a die cute. White bling bazzil, Making memories letter stickers and Kaiser bling.

i'm still pondering over Challenge #2.

Top 50 also have monthly challenges. One of the challenges is a Dare Challenge where forum members get to choose 4 criteria (within reason)for the DT team to scrap. However there is a twist. If you nominate a criteria (and it's accepted) you must also complete the Dare!
So I out up my hand didn't I. Criteria were tough this time round.
Only one sheet of cardstock, no pp
At least 2 different coloured buttons
Doodled or stamped border (my suggestion)
Embelly cluster including a die cute or journalling spot.
I was quite excited as I had a really good idea, but then it was pointed out that we couldn't use cardstock die cuts, so that threw a spanner in my works. I'm still to complete the qualifying LO but this is what I originally had in mind. I have added a few extra things (like using swiss dot base instead of plain cardstock) but seeing as it wasn't qualifying I didn't think that mattered.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used a white swiss dot base. Kaiser chippie letter coated in VeraColor ink. October Afternoon Ducks in a Row alpha stickers, journalling spot and embelly sticker. I hand make the crocheted flower and the Yoyo flowers and hand stitched the border around the photo.

I was blog hopping the other day and came across a blog challenge on My Minds Eye's blog. I just loved the sketch and the opportunity to win three collections of my choice was just too much to resist. The LO had to use at least 80% MME products which I have done.

Photobucket

I used MME Little Blue Blue papers and some Kaiser flowers, bling and chippie alphas. Carole Creations letter stickers. Tim Holtz Walnut Distress ink.

I quite like this LO but wish I had had the time to print the pics in b&w.



Will have more LO's to share soon.


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Wow Becci..

    Your layouts look really great..

    Good luck with the Challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so good Bec. These are amazing. I really must come over more often and watch the master at work. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love all these becci, awesome creations, just love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy chicky ... love these!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy girl Becci..... Isnt that jungle bug paper too cute. i love what you have done with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My god Becci, you have been a busy lady lol. I am loving your layouts! And I agree with the title on the first layout. Ouch! Certainly looks ouch. Keep the gorgeous layouts coming :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iy-iy-iy, that bump looks so awful - poor little guy but its a great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is amazing Beccis!! I love it you always inspire me Hun!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete