Saturday, August 28, 2010

August Scrap The Boys Swaps & LO's

I have had a lot of fun making this months swaps for STB. At first I wanted to create a lollypop flower using a circle of denium and a red crocheted circle with a covered denium button. Well being a novice at such things it didn't go to well and I admitted defeat. Instead I went for an extra layer of denium and then topped it with the top of a silver (they do look black the in pic) snap button.

Here's the final result:

Photobucket

The second challenge for this month at STB was to use ribbon on your LO with the option of using the sketch.
I have been wanting to try this idea ever since I saw somehting similar in an SM magazine not long after I first started scrapbooking 2 years ago.
I chose not to use the sketch but have used lots of ribbon.
I just love this pic of Brian and Eli in the shower.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I added an October Afternoon lullabye card and journalling spot, a blue crocheted heart made by me and have added a lock and heart from My2Angels. AC thickers I have inked and then doodled on.


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I adore those flowers Becci. I think they have turned out just lovely. And what a simple and effective idea for you layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute lollipop flowers, colours are awesome. That LO is very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet photo...my husband often showered with the babies! has your baby gone to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he had Alannah. Both the boys love to shower with Brian they hardly ever have a bath unless it's with Daddy too lol

    ReplyDelete