Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cyber @SBT50!

Well the CyberCrop over at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia is just about to close. If you're real quick you might get an entry in!


The Opening Night Mini Challenge was set by the Guest DT Member for Novemeber Linda.
The criteria were to scrap a card or a layout smaller than 12x12 and use the word "Life", ricrac, bling/glitter and at least one button.

Here is my take:

I have used Imaginisce pps and Kaiser alphas and bling.


Challenge #1 was also set by Linda and is a Quote Challenge.
The criteria were to take a quote from the following poem:

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

~ Mother Teresa
 
Isn't it a beautiful poem.
The other criteria were an embelly cluster, at least one flower and use ribbon or lace.
 
Here's my take:
 
This is a pic of Eli fast asleep on his lambswool.
I have used My Minds Eyes True Blue range.
This is my favourite layout atm.


 My embelly cluster. A hand crocheted doiley by me, chippie big owl, layered little owl sticker, crocheted single flower by me, and I made a water distressed flower using the True Blue pp's and brad.


 My quote using Kaiser tiny alphas and a True Blue layered sticker


I made this journalling spot by stamping a Kasier bracket stamp on some legder True Blue paper, the leave stamp is True Blue and the alphas are Kaisers Tiny alphas.
 
 
Challenge #2 was set by Vicki a Recycling challenge.
The criteria were to use recycled products on your layout. I struggled with this a bit and am not real happy with how it turned out, but vicki was very clever and created her entire layout using recycled products!
 
Here's my take:
 
Everything is either recycled or free to me.
The base is cardboard from an old nappy box. The navy paint is leftover from another project. The mesh is from an orange bag. red pp, photo and title from another layout that wasn't working. Material across the bottom and used to cover the self covering button was one of the bys baby wraps, even the raw button was from mum ages ago. The twine from some packaging. Flower is made from a paper bag and I have stamped on it. Journalling spot was received in a swap.


Challenge #3 is a Remember challenge from Ant.
The criteria was to use a photo that wasn't to be 6x4 that evoked fond memories and to use the word 'remember' somewhere.

This is my take:

Pics are of Randall when he was 21 months old (PixiFoto) and this years school photo aged 14 years.
I have used My Minds Eyes Alphabet Soup boy range for this layout. Plus some crochetd items of mine and misc buttons and twine.




 
 
Our fourth and final challenge was set by Sue. We were to use 2 or more photos to depict the day in the life of someone or something.
Other criteria were to do some inking and to use chipboard other than alphas.
 
Here's my take:
 
I chose Ethan my 2 year old as my subject.
I have used a pp from Basic Greys Oliver range as the base and painted over it with Kaiser Navy paint.
All the pics were snaded ont he edges then inked, matted on some red Oliver pp, distressed and inked again. The base pp is also distressed and inked.




I has some cog that I recieved in a swap so I stamped them and added some more chippie cogs and buttons from Oliver.


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO's Becci... you've been a busy little bee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - you have been soooo busy - Miss Mojo is out of control!!
    Love all of these especially the one of Eli sleeping - just gorgeous. Love the embelly cluster... and the crochet flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, lovin all of these, just gorgeous becci..... pass some mojo around hey, lol

    ReplyDelete