Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas premade Mini Album

I have been loving reading Monikas blog lately. Full of some wonderful ideas.
I saw this one which was Monikas take on Stacy Julians album.

Then I got to thinking. I have been wanting to scrap our christmas photos but it takes so much time and I'm not that keen lot of photos on a layout, guess I haven't really done any. So I thought why not take this idea and make it a premade mini album for this christmas.




So I picked up this at Big W this morning for $2something.






I carefully cut a slit along the top of the front and back covers and slipped the cover sheets out. I cut my own from some Kaiser Christmas Carnival leftover from last year. Titled it with some Sass Lass alphas, and added some die cuts and doodling.





I cut 2 sheets of white cardstock into 6x4 mats for my journalling cards. They'll be a little short but at least this way you can get the 12 journalling cards out of two sheets of cardstock.
I used an old Kaiser die cuts sheet to trace and then cut out the tabs. Can't wait to get my new tab punch! Then stapled them to the journalling cards. Doodled on them then slipped on into each of the 12 sleeves.



The plan is to have everyone write something that they'll remember from this christmas day onto one of the journalling cards then I'll pop a pic of the relevant person taken on christmas day in front of their journalling.
I think this will be an easy project to do every year and will be great to look back on too.


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - looking forward to seeing the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful idea Becci, and I love that you used the Carnival range...one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you how much I love this idea? You could make one that has enough for several years and pass it around. I must remember this...definite possibilities for sure!

    btw-Thanks for featuring me on your blog, makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That is very creative and I am going to make plans to do this myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea Becci!

    ReplyDelete