Sunday, January 16, 2011

Callans 21st Signature Board

Well my baby brother has just turned 21! So hard to believe!
So leading up to the day mum and I were talking about whether she was going to get him a key for everyone to write on or not. I mentioned that you could get a canvas to use instead (my BIL had a massive one for his 40th and it was FAB), Mum liked that idea but wanted something decorative for the edges.
After much deliberation we decided to use one of those chipboard frames that you can slide you LOs into.

Here it is:

 Callan loves the damask pattern that's around, so we went for the black on charcoal specialty paper from Kaisers After Five range. I covered the frame with that. The frame is big though so I had to mitre the corners, not an easy task.
The put a nice piece of red cardstock as the base for everyone to write on.

 The board felt rather flat so I inked some Kaiser flourishes with black ink and then glossed them with a couple of coats of  Dimentional magic. Added some black rhinestones to the ends of the flourishes too.

I got a chippie key shape from my lss and the numbers 21. The key also inked with black ink and DM'ed, then numbers I inked with silver ink first and then gave a couple of coats of silver KindyGlitz

I just love how this turned out. Everyone had lots of fun writing on it (we used a black Sharpie)


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This came up so well, I just love it!!! (Bet you are going to have a few people who saw it asking for something similar now! LOL) XXX

    ReplyDelete