Sunday, May 1, 2011

123 Step by Step

Guess who has been asked to set Mays criteria at 123 Challenge????

MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Engine Red
The word FUN
Stitching (hand, machine or faux) in your title

I have also been asked for a tute on handstitching your title!

I just love the effect of a hand stitched title. It can be a little daunting at first but adds some wonderful texture to your page.



Step 1
Find a font that you like and print it in a suitable size.
I have used Velvenda Cooler in 100pts
I like to mark where I am going to pierce my holes onto the paper so that I can get the spacing exactly where I want it.




Step 2
Colour in the back of your title like we used to do in school for tracing




Step 3
Place your title where you want it on your page.
I have trimmed mine to manage it a bit easier.




Step 4
Take a ball point pen and trace the outline of your title.
DO NOT REMOVE IT YET!




Step 5
Take a paper piercer or needle and pierce your holes where you have marked.
You can now remove your title




Step 6
Choose your thread and needle and outline your title using back stitch.


Here's my finished product!



I have used Echo Parks Playground range for most of this, a Little Boy journalling card, Charms Creations Lovely Lollipops, Lime Tree Creations red trim, lollipop and extra large doily, Lovelybugs Bits n Bobs pirate and denim button.


Now please pop on over to the 123 Challenge blog and check out the awesome work the rest of the DT has come up with!


TFL!
Take Care
Becci
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oooh nice criteria and great tute Becci! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty cool. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your hand stitching title! I will definitely go for one myself one day! I’m not sure I will be able to make a layout for this particular challenge, however. But this definitely gave me inspiration so, who knows?

    ReplyDelete